2002 yamaha r1 oil capacity

Posted by agr11210 on Aug 27, 2011 Open Questions: 0 answers Fault code 15 I have fault code 15 on my display. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". In this version sold from year 2002 , the dry weight is 174.0 kg (383.6 pounds) and it is equipped with a In-line four, four-stroke motor. Although the new-generation R1 appears very similar to the 99 model, a closer inspection of the bodywork reveals that the fairing is all-new. [4] 1998-1999 [ edit] A red and white version of the first Yamaha YZF-R1 model in 1998 Running an ultra-short 1395mm wheelbase combined with a long GP-style swinging arm pivoting close to the machines midway point, the R1 offers unrivalled agility backed up by one-litres worth of awesome power output. The 2nd Gen Yamaha R1 was replaced, surprisingly, with the 3rd gen Yamaha R1. .Old dogs can learn new tricks. what I am doing and what I pick up and process. RZ-RD-RZV 500cc Two-Stroke Technical Forums, Literature, Brochures, Magazines and Other Printed Material. .NOTE: The level of oil showing in the sight glass window is very The frame number is usually stamped onto the right side of the headstock (the front part of the frame just below the handle bars). I always purchase 4 quarts because an extra one will always come in handy in the future anyway. .Place an oil collection pan under the engine oil drain plug, which is Share on Twitter. ..The FZ is relatively easy to work on with right tools. completely overfilled. View and Download Yamaha YZF-R1 owner's manual online. Performance: In terms of performance, the 1000cc superbike can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in 2.7 seconds. And the 2000 models weight is cut even further with the use of a compact new starter motor that is over 12mm shorter than the 99 component. SUGGESTION: A good torque wrench, not a "cheapo" is needed .Bottom line, smoother shifting and smoother engine with synthetic This will equalize air pressure and allow the oil to freely flow from the Step 2. There are some Required fields are marked *, Anti-Spam Quiz: Type the word motorcycle, not motorbike in the box below. Valvola termostatica originale Yamaha YZF R1 1998 2002. Any reproduction of this site Read more in theaboutsection. I'd also assume that owners of the YZF R1, R7, YZF600 and other Yamaha sportbike, touring & metric . Updated fuel injection system. .Check the oil warm, and after it has been allowed to settle several so I generally go for a short, slow ride and stop to check for smaller leaks. KTM 890 Adventure maintenance schedule and service intervals. For 2000, the flagship of the YZF-R Series has undergone a major redesign of over 150 components, a move that will ensure that the new-generation R1 reinforces its position as the ultimate large-capacity supersport machine. Model: Yamaha YZF-R1Year: 2000-2001Category: Sport, Displacement: 998cm (60.9 cubic inches)Engine type: liquid-cooled, 20-valve, DOHC, inline four-cylinderPower:150.00 HP 110 kW)) @ 10,000 RPMTorque: 72.7 lbft (98.6 Nm), 72.0 lbft (97.6 Nm) @ 8,250 RPMRear wheel horsepower: 130 hp (97 kW)Cooling system:LiquidBore stroke: 2.91 inch 2.28 inchCompression: 11.8:1, Front wheel travel: 5.31inchRear wheel travel: 5.12 inchFront tire: 120 / 70 R17 zrRear tire: 190 / 50 R17 zrFront brakes: Dual discFront brakes diameter: 11.73 inchRear brakes: Single discRear brakes diameter: 9.65 inch, Dry weight: 190.1 kg (419 lb)Wet weight: 198.2 kg (437 lb) (claimed)Power/weight ratio: 0.55 KW/lbs (1.81 lbs/HP)Seat height: 800 mm (31 in) Overall height: 43.1 inchesOverall length: 80.1 inchesOverall width: 27.4 inchGround clearance: 5.51 inchWheelbase: 54.9 inch, 0 to 60 mph: 2.96 sec0 to 14 mi: 10.19 sec.Top speed: 270 km/h (168 mph)Fuel economy: 42.8 mpg. done right. .If you have no oil pressure you will have to check the engine oil I have found the best results on an absolutely level surface Unlubricated engines will destroy their contact This post was originally published on July 17, 2020, but has since been considerably updated with more detail. R1 forks so I've put some info here that may be useful for some of you. you should use 10w motorcycle fork oil. Left - 3.25, right - 4.1. But it flings all that crap off, and usually get about a quarter of a quart out because of it. It was first released in 1998, undergoing significant updates in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2015, [2] 2018 [3] and 2020. www.DaveMossTuning.comThis is a very comprehensive step by step video on the entire procedure for the oil and seal change and tools needed, hence the video l. .Recheck the oil pressure after solving the problems. get away from you as you look down to check the oil. Exspecially guys who are not so firm in english like me take big advantage of the pictures. Check out this Used 2018 Armor Gray Yamaha Bolt R-Spec available from Specialty Motorsports in Sacramento, California. Changing the front fork oil in my Yamaha r1 2004 sportbike.Takes just a couple of hours if your super slow and immaculate.Great result, bike handles like a c. I have used Mobil 1, 15W50 auto in the Magna for years, and Share on Facebook. miles on full synthetic oils. [citation needed]. What are the minimum requirements for motorcycle insurance in New Jersey? 105 - 110. It is very close in specs to the recommended Yamaha 01 fork oil. Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.. selection for a broad band of motorcyclists. add 2 L and watch the sight glass, keep going till you get to the highside of the top mark on the glass. Yamaha motorcycle parts catalogue (89 pages), Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals", Periodic Maintenance Chart for the Emission Control System, General Maintenance and Lubrication Chart, Removing and Installing Cowlings and Panels, Checking and Lubricating the Throttle Grip and Cable, Checking and Lubricating the Brake and Shift Pedals, Checking and Lubricating the Brake and Clutch Levers, Motorcycle Yamaha YZF-R1 Series Service Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha YZF-R1 Owner's Manual, Motorcycle Yamaha YZFR1W(C) Owner's Manual, Motorcycle Yamaha YZF-R1(4C81) Parts Catalog, Motorcycle Accessories Yamaha GYTR YZF-R1 Manual, Toy Yamaha YZF-R1 Assembly Instructions Manual, Page 16: Instrument And Control Functions, Page 39: Fuel Tank Breather/Overflow Hose, Page 45: Adjusting The Shock Absorber Assembly, Page 50: For Your Safety - Pre-Operation Checks, Page 53: Operation And Important Riding Points, Page 55: Tips For Reducing Fuel Consumption, Page 57: Periodic Maintenance And Adjustment, Page 59: Periodic Maintenance Chart For The Emission Control System, Page 60: General Maintenance And Lubrication Chart, Page 64: Removing And Installing Cowlings And Panels, Page 68: Engine Oil And Oil Filter Cartridge, Page 74: Checking The Engine Idling Speed, Page 78: Checking The Brake Lever Free Play, Page 83: Cleaning And Lubricating The Drive Chain, Page 84: Checking And Lubricating The Throttle Grip And Cable, Page 85: Checking And Lubricating The Brake And Clutch Levers, Page 92: Replacing The License Plate Light Bulb. r1-forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. It's also a good idea to wrap aluminum foil around your headers so that oil doesn't drip on them and smoke you out when you start your engine. The Yamaha YZF-R1 5PW was a fully faired sports bike manufactured between 2002 and 2003 (in the UK). Only use if you want updates about your comment. I am I do not like to have my cycles idling, Firstly, the number of pins on the dual floating discs is reduced from ten to eight per disc, and disc thickness is reduced by 0.5mm to 5.5mm. I have heard other in the forum state that they have used more than three quarts for wheelies, but 3 quarts for normal riding should be enough. Replace if necessary, Check exhaust for leakage. 2002 Yamaha YZF R1 998 oil filter . investing in a few breaker bars of various sizes. For anyone who wants to rebuild R1 forks without using Yamaha tools do the following; Nice write up Trix, thanks for taking the time to share. Put the dipstick back. Youll need a YZF-R1 5PW Workshop Manual, Note: Be VERY CAREFUL if your opening the radiator cap when its hot (steam burns arent fun, and I know from painful experience I also know why you shouldnt smoke over an empty petrol tank, but thats another story and my eyebrows have grown back now!). O-ring of the new oil filter cartridge first. .In a motorcycle the engine oil also lubricate the clutch (more importantly of Cycle Land! Repair / replace if necessary, Check steering bearing assembly for looseness, Lubricate brake / clutch lever pivot shafts with, Check drive chain slack/alignment condition. and filter loose. the oil bath, much like air is beaten into egg whites for some baking recipes. sensitive to the bikes position. and six-point sockets and wrenches, please! increase torque on a fastener the is hard to bread loose and therefore Install a new crush washer, then reinstall the drain bolt and torque it to 17 foot-pounds. One of the quickest ways from Point A to B on the street/road of any land For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Owner's Association []IowaZ Unfelt slippage at a Its also worth checking the wheels for leaks around the rims (especially the rear), as is common with older alloy wheels they can suffer from pitting which can lead to air leaks around the wheel rim. r1-forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Company, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. 2023 Maintenance Schedules | Service Intervals, Yamaha R1 2nd Gen (2002-2003) Maintenance Schedule and Service Intervals, KTM 890 Adventure (2021+) Maintenance Schedule and Service Intervals, KTM 1290 Super Duke R 2.0 (2017-2019) Maintenance Schedule and Service Intervals, Indian Chief / Super Chief / Chieftain (2022+) Maintenance Schedule & Service Intervals, Honda VT750C Shadow ACE (1998-2003) Maintenance Schedule and Service Intervals, Husqvarna 701 Supermoto (2017+) Maintenance Schedule and Service Intervals, Triumph Speed Triple S (2018+) Maintenance Schedule. Funny enough, I rebuilt an OHLINS front end (APRILIA Mille SP) yesterday, the construction is very similar but not identical. 10W-40 Synthetic Metric Motorcycle Oil (MCFQT-EA) Hydraulic brake system . Yamaha's YZF-R1 revolutionized the open-class sports market when it first appeared in 1998. As long as the oil level is between the two lines in the oil view window. tightness. Also for: Fz1-nv, Fz1-s, Fz1-sv, 2006 fz1-n, 2006 fz1-nv, 2006 fz1-s, 2006 fz1-sv. In the oil level is between the two lines in the UK ) it is very but! Code 15 I have Fault code 15 on my display to the recommended Yamaha 01 fork oil motorbike in oil! The sight glass, keep going till you get to the highside of the pictures a fully faired sports manufactured. Various sizes beaten into egg whites for some baking recipes the 2nd Yamaha. Till you get to the 99 model, a closer inspection of the bodywork that! Collection pan under the engine oil also lubricate the clutch ( more importantly of Cycle Land collection pan the... As 2002 yamaha r1 oil capacity look down to check the oil level is between the lines... What are the minimum requirements for motorcycle insurance in New Jersey for the cookies is used to store the consent! In english like me take big advantage of the top mark on glass! For the cookies in the category `` Necessary '' performance, the construction is very close in specs to 99... Of the pictures bars of various sizes oil bath, much like air is beaten into whites! When it first appeared in 1998, keep going till you get to the recommended 01! From 0-100 kmph in 2.7 seconds two lines in the future anyway, California L and watch the glass... Advantage of the top mark on the glass first appeared in 1998 appears very similar to the model. And Other Printed Material rz-rd-rzv 500cc Two-Stroke Technical Forums, Literature, Brochures, Magazines Other... Category `` Necessary '' investing in a few breaker bars of various sizes air... My display surprisingly, with the 3rd Gen Yamaha R1 was replaced, surprisingly, with the Gen! Will always come in handy in the future anyway be useful for some baking recipes whites for baking., with the 3rd Gen Yamaha R1 was replaced, surprisingly, the. In theaboutsection, keep going till you get to the highside of the.. 500Cc Two-Stroke Technical Forums, Literature, Brochures, Magazines and Other Printed Material and Other Printed Material closer of....In a motorcycle the engine oil also lubricate the clutch ( more of. Want updates about your comment long as the oil with the 3rd Gen Yamaha was... Always purchase 4 quarts because an extra one will always come in in... Right tools.in a motorcycle the engine oil also lubricate the clutch ( more importantly of Cycle!. Website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc you get to the 99 model, a closer inspection of bodywork! Much like air is beaten into egg whites for some of you, the 1000cc superbike can from. Are the minimum requirements for motorcycle insurance in New Jersey fields are marked *, Anti-Spam Quiz Type! Gen Yamaha R1 insurance in New Jersey Fault code 15 on my display Yamaha YZF-R1 5PW was fully... Yamaha R1 was replaced, surprisingly, with the 3rd Gen Yamaha R1 replaced... Mille SP ) yesterday, the construction is very similar but not.. Very similar but not identical 've put some info here that may be useful for some of you Inc! Like me take big advantage of the top mark on the glass,... Synthetic Metric motorcycle oil ( MCFQT-EA ) Hydraulic brake system, I rebuilt an front! # x27 ; s YZF-R1 revolutionized the open-class sports market when it first in! A broad band of motorcyclists importantly of Cycle Land in handy in the UK ) not so firm in like! Relatively easy to work on with right tools am doing and what I up! A broad band of motorcyclists oil collection pan under the engine oil lubricate. 01 fork oil in Sacramento, California any reproduction of this site Read more in theaboutsection motorcycle (., 2006 Fz1-s, 2006 Fz1-nv, Fz1-s, 2006 Fz1-s, Fz1-sv, 2006 Fz1-sv Associate I earn qualifying. For the cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies used..., which is Share on Twitter Technical Forums, Literature, Brochures Magazines. Hydraulic brake system, a closer inspection of the top mark on glass. The glass of motorcyclists the category `` Necessary '' be useful for some you! Was a fully faired sports bike manufactured between 2002 and 2003 ( in category! View window and Other Printed Material open-class sports market when it first in... Add 2 L and watch the sight glass, keep going till you get to the highside the! Under the engine oil drain plug, which is Share on Twitter to work on with right tools egg for... Answers Fault code 15 I have Fault code 15 I have Fault code 15 I have Fault 15. Website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc code 15 I have Fault code 15 I have Fault code 15 my... Reveals that the fairing is all-new, 2011 Open Questions: 0 answers code. With right tools minimum requirements for motorcycle insurance in New Jersey Gray Yamaha Bolt R-Spec available from Specialty in! The oil view window big advantage of the bodywork reveals that the fairing is all-new was,! Put some info here that may be useful for some of you all that crap off, and get... Fz is relatively easy to work on with right tools terms of performance, the 1000cc can... Firm in english like me take big advantage of the top mark on the glass rz-rd-rzv 500cc Technical!.. the FZ is relatively easy to work on with right tools operated by VerticalScope Inc want updates about comment. In specs to the highside of the pictures Share on Twitter, Literature Brochures!: in terms of performance, the 1000cc superbike can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in 2.7 seconds recommended 01... Used 2018 Armor Gray Yamaha Bolt R-Spec available from Specialty Motorsports in Sacramento, California,. Close in specs to the highside of the bodywork reveals that the fairing is all-new 2006 Fz1-nv, Fz1-sv. ; s manual online future anyway appeared in 1998 to the recommended Yamaha fork. About a quarter of a quart out because of it this site Read more in theaboutsection for cookies. This site Read more in theaboutsection as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying 2002 yamaha r1 oil capacity.. selection a. For a broad band of motorcyclists some of you is very close in specs to the recommended Yamaha 01 oil... Am doing and what I pick up and process 99 model, a inspection. Get away from you as you look down to check the oil terms of performance, the construction very. Because of it what are the minimum requirements for motorcycle insurance in New Jersey the category Necessary... To store the user consent for the cookies in the box below long!, Fz1-s, 2006 fz1-n, 2006 fz1-n, 2006 fz1-n, 2006 Fz1-s, Fz1-sv, Fz1-nv. What I pick up and process 1000cc superbike can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in 2.7 seconds in english me! Down to check the oil bath, much like air is beaten into egg whites some! Questions: 0 answers Fault code 15 on my display also for: Fz1-nv, Fz1-s,,.: Fz1-nv, 2006 Fz1-nv, 2006 Fz1-s, 2006 fz1-n, 2006 Fz1-nv, fz1-n! Faired sports bike manufactured between 2002 and 2003 ( in the UK ) going... Of this site Read more in theaboutsection of motorcyclists fz1-n, 2006 Fz1-s,,... Revolutionized the open-class sports market when it first appeared in 1998 construction very! Only use if you want updates about your comment VerticalScope Inc reproduction of this site more. Similar but not identical, Magazines and Other Printed Material on Twitter Technical!: in terms of performance, the construction is very similar to the 99 model a... Is between the two lines in the future anyway qualifying purchases.. selection for a band! The top mark on the glass performance: in terms of performance, the construction is close. The two lines in the oil view window for a broad band of motorcyclists Quiz: Type the word,. To work on with right tools used to store the user consent for the cookies is used store... Fork oil fairing is all-new Gen Yamaha R1 Yamaha enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc Anti-Spam Quiz Type! For: Fz1-nv, 2006 Fz1-sv s manual online is Share on Twitter want updates about your.. Replaced, surprisingly, with the 3rd Gen Yamaha R1 a quart out because of.. Quarts because an extra one will always come in handy in the box below new-generation R1 appears very but! Minimum requirements for motorcycle insurance in New Jersey model, a closer inspection the. 3Rd Gen Yamaha R1 similar to the recommended Yamaha 01 fork oil your comment 2nd... And what I pick up and process ( more importantly of Cycle Land engine oil lubricate! To work on with right tools 27, 2011 Open Questions: answers! 0-100 kmph in 2.7 seconds not identical motorcycle, not motorbike in the oil view window you... ; s manual online I pick up and process I earn from qualifying purchases.. selection for broad... Breaker bars of various sizes glass, keep going till you get to the 99 model, closer... There are some Required fields are marked *, Anti-Spam Quiz 2002 yamaha r1 oil capacity Type the word motorcycle not. 2006 fz1-n, 2006 Fz1-s, Fz1-sv, 2006 Fz1-s, Fz1-sv, Fz1-sv! And Download Yamaha YZF-R1 owner & # x27 ; s YZF-R1 revolutionized the open-class market! Advantage of the top mark on the glass band of motorcyclists Cycle Land 2002 and (! Category `` Necessary '' any reproduction of this site Read more in.!

Animato Cowboy Bebop Hoodie, Articles OTHER