2003 honda accord ac pressure switch location

Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Your A/C may not be in the best shape to perform. I'm not sure how u know that ur low side doesn't have pressure. Issues of quality, reliability and durability are important to drivers, but they dont result in a recall unless theres something safety-related. 1998-1999 Honda Accord Switch, Air Conditioning (Dual) (Saginomiya) Part Number: 80440-SK3-901. Vehicles that, on or after September 12, 2014, received a remedy for a prior driver frontal air bag inflator recall already received an inflator of a different design, and therefore are not included in this recall and do not require additional servicing. Honda accord a/c pressure switch location,. If anyone has any information on getting Honda to pay, please let me know. Web how to replace ac condenser for honda accord 2003. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position. Due to a manufacturing error, in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver frontal air bag, these inflators may explode. It detects too low and too high pressure. How Much Does It Cost To Replace An Alternator. , cvt trans. Honda will notify owners, and dealers will install a new heat resistant power steering hose, free of charge. Luckily just got saved since 52 footer was behind me would have blown me off. Theres nothing worse than cranking your car air conditioner on a hot day and discovering its broken. Check Engine Light. SUCH A VERY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Maximum Pressure Reading: N/A. the plastic cover that says 3.0L, you will see a hose coming from the passenger front corner of the intake manifold, that is one of the two PCV hoses, the other one is on the rear driver corner of the intake manifold. If there is something wrong with the values, you need to check the wiring. I thought maybe I'm losing it and took it to get a service. or a moldy evaporator case. may be due to a clogged expansion valve, faulty compressor clutch, blown fuse, or leak. Check if your AC pressure switch has two or three wires. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/15-7th-generation/300305-2003-ac-sometimes-cold.html. I cannot believe that Honda would not get this taken care of. Press the select/reset knob for about 10 seconds. The recall is expected to begin August 12, 2019. How Much Does an AC Recharge Cost? Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2001-2007 Accord, 2001-2005 Civic, 2001-2004 Honda Civic GX, 2003-2005 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2002-2006 CR-V, 2003-2011 Element, 2002-2004 Odyssey, 2003-2008 Pilot, 2006 Ridgeline, 2003 Acura 3.2CL, 2003-2006 Acura MDX, and 2002-2003 Acura 3.2TL vehicles. Its a machine thats used on different parts of your Honda Accord A/C system to Yes. If the fans are not coming on when the A/C is on or when the engine temperature hits 199 then there is an issue with the ECM. First: Read the notice carefully and dont ignore it. Honda's numbers for this recall are E5D and X5C. Content on driveaccord.net is generated by its users. You will attach the low-pressure gauge to the low-pressure fitting and vice versa. Were it the location of vtec oil pressure switch on engine. The recall began on July 1, 2015. If your family mechanic does the recall repairs, youll probably be responsible for the cost. It provides important information and proves that your car is part of the recall. ON THE FAITHFUL DAY OF MARCH 6, 2019, I GOT IN MY CAR FOR WORK. With the OBDII port on your vehicle, you can use a code scanner to check for DTCs. It is responsible for monitoring the refrigerant pressure on both the low and high-pressure sides of the AC compressor. Going through the exact same problem. Whats worse than the air conditioning working intermittently? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Prolonged under-hood and power steering fluid temperatures may cause the power steering hose to deteriorate prematurely, resulting in cracks and power steering fluid leakage. Nope, just your steering wheel. Start with locating the sensor as in some cars it can be an AC high pressure switch function, and in some, a low one. Follow these easy steps to recharge the A/C system in your Honda Accord. Web how to replace ac condenser for honda accord 2003. identify points where refrigerant fumes could be escaping the system. Oil Change. Please narrow the Air Pressure Switch results by selecting the vehicle. It started to slip every chance it could between 2nd and 3rd gear. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-800-999-1009. Then set it aside. The dealer is obligated to complete these repairs too also at no cost to you. The function of the AC pressure switch is to provide safety monitoring over the AC system. Check if this fits your Honda Accord. Now considering that is good what other troubleshooting steps would you happen to have? My AC quit on me today, The low side has no pressure at all and Compressor is not kicking on. I said I am not in the mood to sell, I want to go home safe. So the morale of the story is that 'you' must add Honda to the list of vendors that you MUST use a 'buyer beware' approach. First of all, the "correct pressure" an a/c system should have varies on ambient temp and humidity. Before starting, review the owner's manual in order to verify the location of the AC system, and to confirm the manufacturer's specifications for optimal pressure readings and refrigerant recommendations. SKU # 795114. I would normally sell to a third party for more money, but what a moral dilemma. The recall is expected to begin on November 24, 2014. 4. Smoke came out, stopped the car and came out immediately. PRICE: 44.49. A look in your service manual will show you the appropriate location for your model. This article applies to the Honda Accord (1990-2002). However, you must confirm this with a wiring diagram. We Knew The Ac Did Not Work And Tried Adding Freon. Most AC pressure switches are found within the engine compartment, but some manufacturers put them elsewhere. To see if your specific vehicle is affected.css-meid3g{-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;background-color:transparent;border-radius:4px;border-style:none;cursor:pointer;display:-webkit-inline-box;display:-webkit-inline-flex;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-webkit-box-pack:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;justify-content:center;outline:0;padding:0;text-align:center;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;padding-bottom:0;padding-top:0;width:auto;}.css-meid3g >span{border-radius:4px;-webkit-box-pack:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;justify-content:center;height:100%;opacity:1;transition-timing-function:ease-in-out;width:100%;}.css-meid3g >span span{display:-webkit-inline-box;display:-webkit-inline-flex;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;line-height:0;padding:4px;vertical-align:bottom;}.css-meid3g:hover >span>div>div{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-meid3g[disabled],.css-meid3g[disabled]:hover,.css-meid3g.disabled,.css-meid3g.disabled:hover,.css-meid3g:disabled{opacity:.35;pointer-events:none;}.css-meid3g >span{-webkit-transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;-webkit-transform:scale(1);}.css-meid3g:hover >span{box-shadow:0 10px 20px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:hover{box-shadow:0 10px 20px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}.css-meid3g:hover >span{box-shadow:none;}}.css-meid3g:focus >span{box-shadow:0 0 8px #006BC2;}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:focus{box-shadow:0 0 8px #006BC2;}.css-meid3g:focus >span{box-shadow:none;}}.css-meid3g:active >span{box-shadow:inset 0 0 0 1000px rgba(192,192,192,0.4);}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:active{box-shadow:none;}.css-meid3g:active >span{box-shadow:inset 0 0 0 1000px rgba(192,192,192,0.4);}}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g{padding-top:0;padding-bottom:0;}}.css-17ub3kk{-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;box-sizing:border-box;font-family:"Montserrat",sans-serif;font-size:18px;line-height:24px;font-weight:600;letter-spacing:0;min-height:32px;padding-left:32px;padding-right:32px;background:#006BC2;color:#ffffff;-webkit-transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;-webkit-transform:scale(1);}.css-17ub3kk span{height:22px;}.css-17ub3kk:after{content:'';min-height:inherit;}.css-17ub3kk[disabled],.css-17ub3kk[disabled]:hover,.css-17ub3kk.disabled,.css-17ub3kk.disabled:hover,.css-17ub3kk:disabled{pointer-events:none;}Enter Your VIN. The AC pressure switches are located on the AC pipes on both sides of the AC compressor. I THOUGHT HONDAS WERE RELIABLE. American Honda Motor Company (Honda) is recalling certain model year 2002-2003 Civic, CR-V and Odyssey vehicles, and model year 2003 Accord, Element, Pilot, and Acura MDX vehicles to address a safety defect in the passenger side frontal air bag which may produce excessive internal pressure causing the inflator to rupture upon deployment of the air bag. Summary: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2003 Acura 3.2CL, 2002-2003 3.2TL, 2003-2006 MDX, 2001-2007 Honda Accord, 2001-2005 Civic, 2003-2005 Civic Hybrid, 2001-2005 Civic GX . How about when it stops working at all? If there is no pressure on ine side, then the entire system is at zero pressure. A sniffer isnt a technician with a good nose! The A/C pressure switch is located in the high pressure line (the skinny one) on the passenger side of the engine compartment just under the fuse/relay box. For some reasons, the clutch relay is not receiving the signal when ac button on the dashboard is turned on. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-800-999-1009. Once it's fixed make sure to replace the clutch relay. You can swap it with another relay and see what happens. The affected vehicles are equipped with a dual-stage driver frontal air bag that may be susceptible to moisture intrusion and other factors, including manufacturing variability that, over time, could cause the inflator to rupture. The vehicles are equipped with passenger frontal air bag inflators assembled as a recall remedy part or replacement service part that may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling. So many problems: electrical, tranny out at 150k, both driver and passenger window regulators out, alternator out at 140k, engine brackets broke off at 150k. Thought maybe they put the wrong fluid in. Is that a hot stove? What You Should Do:Honda will notify owners, and dealers will install a new heat resistant power steering hose, free of charge. Shop wholesale-priced OEM Honda Accord HVAC Pressure Switches at HondaPartsNow.com. Home Delivery. 13V-132. Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. The cost to repair is of course ridiculously high so I can't have it repaired. The high pressure switch monitors any blockages in the system that would lead to more pressure on the high pressure side. Honda is recalling certain model year 2007 and 2008 Acura TL and model year 2003-2007 Accord V6 vehicles. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. I called Carmax. You just need to pull out the plastic panel (yes, you can just pull it out by hand, no tools needed for that). Figure 2. It doesnt have to be the same place where you bought it, and it doesnt matter if you bought the car new or used. Dont sweat it were here to help you chill out again in your Accord. 2. Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2003 Acura 3.2CL, 2002-2003 3.2TL, 2003-2006 MDX, 2001-2007 Honda Accord, 2001-2005 Civic, 2003-2005 Civic Hybrid, 2001-2005 Civic GX NGV, 2002-2006 CR-V, 2003-2011 Element, 2002-2004 Odyssey, 2003-2008 Pilot and 2006 Ridgeline vehicles. I was driving on HWY 280 and it felt as if I had slammed on the breaks and or downshifted to first from 4th. ), AC Low Side Pressure Too High Common Causes & Repair Costs, 5 Signs Your Cars AC is Low on Freon (& What to do), AC Compressor Clutch is Not Engaging Causes & How to fix. So I guess I will be dishing out some money to get a new Compressor. I STOPPED THE CAR AT THE SIGN. Owners will be notified of the recall beginning on April 17, 2019, however, dealers are ready to begin repairs immediately. I assumed since I was buying a Honda that I was buying the reliability it was known for as well but I guess I was wrong in this case. Then set the air conditioning to maximum power and lowest temperature possible. He also stated that American Honda said they would not help with the repairs. Web the pressure switch is good (conducted a continuity test on lead 1 and 4 and those two leads are in the closed position while lead 2 & 3 are in the open position). I should of never bought a Honda but I thought they were such good cars, I guess I just got robbed. Part 2 of 3: Remove the A/C pressure switch Step 1: Disconnect the negative battery cable. The first sign that the air conditioning pressure switch is bad is when the system shuts off intermittently. The compressor does not kick in every time. Hold close manifold gauge to check for psi . Press and hold the recirculation control button. When it comes on, it is very cold But otherwise there is no click sound. Depending on the brand of R134a that you purchased, you may have to initially remove the safety seal from the canister. Change your stock climate control to a cooler electronic climate control with this guide. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the passenger seat occupant or other occupants possibly causing serious injury or death. If you received a recall letter in the mail, bring it to the dealer. If your AC pressure switch is not working, it can cause your whole AC system to malfunction. 9 Causes Why Your Car AC is Not Blowing Cold Air, Does AC Stop Leak Sealer Work? Acura owners may contact customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Summary:Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2001-2007 Accord, 2001-2005 Civic, 2001-2004 Honda Civic GX, 2003-2005 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2002-2006 CR-V, 2003-2011 Element, 2002-2004 Odyssey, 2003-2008 Pilot, 2006 Ridgeline, 2003 Acura 3.2CL, 2003-2006 Acura MDX, and 2002-2003 Acura 3.2TL vehicles. But if youre the proactive type or if you bought the car used you might want to check for a recall yourself. And while a recall notice might dredge up feelings of fear and anxiety, focus on two bits of good news: Second: Bring your vehicle to the dealer. Next time I will buy a Chevy. It will sound like the clicking occurring when the compressor normally activates, except the air wont work. I am planning on taking them to court for their negligence and unwillingness to help fix their problem. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger side frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking and potentially seriously injuring the vehicle occupants. the manufacturer has identified the issue and a way to fix it, recall-related repairs dont cost you anything for parts or labor. The original recall began in June 2012, and owners of those vehicles may obtain the free remedy. Not worth replacing as the trans cost a fortune and because it's poorly engineered it only happen again. Our technicians will work to solve your A/C problems to the best of their ability. In my case, I ignored the 2003 Honda complaints thinking it was a fluke, which is a bad mistake that I hope you will not make. About 2 years later and with about 95,000 loving miles later, I'm driving 75mph in the fast lane at night with a constant flow of traffic with big rigs and all; my car jolts backwards as if I slammed on the brakes at high speed. The low pressure side switch is located before the AC compressor, while the high pressure switch comes after the compressor. Either way, when the air conditioning only offers intermittent usage, its a good sign that the AC pressure switch is faulty. Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger air bag inflator, free of charge. Remove the switch electrical connector. If your AC pressure switch seems to be fine, use your air conditioning gauge set to check for adequate levels on both sides. If the low or high pressures are off, you may need to refill the refrigerant, or there may be a larger problem with the system. And if that doesn't fix it, looks like I'll be shoveling out $1,000 bucks to fix it all. Battery Replacement. Generally, an AC pressure switch will go bad once or twice in a cars lifetime. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking and potentially seriously injuring the passenger seat occupant or other occupants. You can try a jumper wire at the compressor clutch relay socket (jumper the contact terminals only, NOT the coil terminals) or you can jump power directly to the clutch coil to verify compressor operation. What You Should Do:Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger air bag inflator, free of charge. I am attaching the info on the A/C pressure switch. All Rights Reserved. Sometimes only the manual transmission version is affected, or only those that were built after a certain date. On this vehicle you have a combined sensor, so this sensor tells the ECM the pressure and then the ECM determines if it is high or low. I DROVE ABOUT 500 FEET TO A NEARBY INTERSECTION WITH ALL-WAY STOP SIGNS. Honda will notify owners of these vehicles beginning on October 26, 2012, and will notify these owners again when parts are available so those vehicles can be brought to dealers for applications of the free remedy. What You Should Do:Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger air bag inflator, free of charge. I told him that I had spoken with American Honda directly and that he needed to do the diagnostic and contact them. Second failure of transmission happened today. Note: This recall fully supersedes recalls 08V-593, 09V-259, 10V-041, 11V-260, 14V-351 and 15V-153. In my area a/c pressures vary greatly. IT MAKES A VERY LOUD CLUNKY SOUND WHEN IN PARK. Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums, Honda and Acura Appearance / Cosmetic Forums, Frequently Asked Questions about A/C Recharging, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Here I thought Hondas were supposed to be reliable and long lasting guess not. The AC pressure switch is an important part of your air conditioning unit. Second transmission failure in this POS! 4. Locate the AC System and unscrew the low pressure plug. I thought maybe I ran something over until 2 minutes later my car braked backwards AGAIN. There is a valve in the body so you won't lose any freon. My 2003 Honda Accord EX V6 has 110K miles on it. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death. Who can fix my Honda Accord A/C? you wonder, as the sun beats through the windshield. About $500 more than a local shop wanted to charge to rebuild it, but it came with a 3 year warranty vs 2 year, so what the hell. I am very disappointed. All the parts and labor necessary to complete the repair are paid for by the manufacturer (who reimburses the dealer). 2008-2021 Honda Accord Sensor Assembly, Press, 1994-2009 Honda Accord Switch, Air Conditioning (Dual) (Fuji), 2008-2009 Honda Accord Switch Assembly, Pressure (Denso), 2003-2007 Honda Accord Switch, Air Conditioning (Dual), 2003-2007 Honda Accord Switch, Air Conditioning (Dual) (Keihin), 2003-2007 Honda Accord Switch, Air Conditioning (Dual) (Hadsys), 2003-2007 Honda Accord Switch, Air Conditioning (Tri), 2011-2012 Honda Accord Sensor Assembly, Pressure, 2004-2007 Honda Accord Switch, Air Conditioning (Dual), 2003-2007 Honda Accord Switch, Triple Pressure, 1998-1999 Honda Accord Switch, Air Conditioning (Dual) (Saginomiya), 1990 Honda Accord Switch, Air Conditioning (Dual), 1990-1993 Honda Accord Switch, Air Conditioning (Dual) (Fuji), 1986-1989 Honda Accord Switch, Air Conditioning (Dual). Mechanic for Honda: If the blower motor is working the fuse should be good. Recalls may not affect every vehicle of the same year, make and model. read more. So apparently Honda only expects their cars to last to 110k miles. Set the temperature control dial on Max Cool, then push the mode control button to select Vent. To test an AC pressure switch, you can use a multimeter. Drove it for a while and it felt great. I'm original owner of 2003 coupe, and like most of you, when we received recall, we took it in to have it fixed. 150,000 miles. That could be the result of a dirty cabin air filter (an easy fix!) The cost was pretty high at $2,832 but so far it seems to have been worth it. You can also measure if there is 5 volts, ground, and a signal coming from the engine control module at the AC pressure switch connector. I really wish this forum would default to subscribing you to the topic you create yourself. Learn more about how to stay current on recalls. Publication, reproduction or distribution of this or any video by any means whatsoever, including without limitation electronic transmission via internet or e-mail, or re-uploading existing videos \u0026 re-uploading such material on any website anywhere in the world, is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of RB The Mechanic.#acswitch #acuratsxacswitch #jumpacswitch #2003acuratsxacswitch #2004acuratsxacswitch #2005acuratsxacswitch #2006acuratsxacswitch #2007acuratsxacswitch #2003accordacswitch #2004accordacswitch #2005accordacswitch #2006accordacswitch #2007accordacswitch #jumpacswitch #bypassacswitch #switch #acdontwork #acpressure #acpressureswitch #acpressureswitch #bypass #switchbypass #howtobypassacswitch #hondaacswitchbypass #bypass #switchpassby At right front of engine compartment, near front bumper. The total number of vehicles being recalled is now 625,762. Web let me know if this video was helpful and feel free to let me know if i left anything out. Freon pressure is good and line is full of freon. No signs of failure except that it's cold outside and the wind is blowing south. If there are three wires, it probably has a 5 volt wire, signal, and ground. 2. HONDAS ARE SUPPOSE TO LAST FOREVER??!?!??!!!! SKU # 579405. ?s (Honda) is conducting a limited regional recall for certain model year 2003-2005 Accord, Civic, CR-V, Element, Pilot and Acura MDX, model year 2003-2004 Odyssey and model year 2005 Acura RL vehicles originally sold, or ever registered in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Youll need to have your cars unique 17-character VIN number handy when you call. The recall is expected to begin August 12, 2019. Most likely a restriction in the lines causing the compressor to shut down after a breif period of cold air. After attaching, and depending on the brand that you purchased, begin to turn the knob on your R134a canister, and begin the process of recharging your AC. Automatic transmission. Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2001-2005 Honda Civic vehicles manufactured March 21, 2000, to January 20, 2005, 2001-2004 Honda Civic GX vehicles manufactured June 14, 2000, to August 19, 2004, 2003-2005 Honda Civic Hybrid vehicles manufactured February 24, 2002, to January 18, 2005, 2003-2007 Honda Accord vehicles manufactured February 21, 2002, to August 28, 2007, 2002-2004 Honda CR-V vehicles, 2002-2003 Honda Odyssey vehicles manufactured June 19, 2001, to July 12, 2003, 2003 Acura MDX vehicles manufactured September 19, 2002, to June 19, 2003, 2003 Honda Element vehicles manufactured June 25, 2002, to July 31, 2003, and 2003 Honda Pilot vehicles manufactured November 26, 2001, to August 21, 2003. How to Install Air Conditioning Unit Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the inflators in all affected vehicles, free of charge. . I am prepared to have to pay for the diagnostic and for half/all of the transmission repair. Notes: Automatic Transmission Oil Pressure Switch. The recall began on July 1, 2015. After searching through Craigslist in 2015, I find this gem, a 2003 Honda Accord ES with about 76,000 miles on it. Web i have a 2003 honda accord vtec 2.4l engine, where is the oil pressure switch located? We offer a full selection of genuine Honda Accord HVAC Pressure Switches, engineered specifically to restore factory performance. Called the towing, driver says had never seen this type of crash or failure in his life. Magnus is the owner and main author of Mechanicbase. I will keep everyone updated. Owners may contact Acura customer service at 1-800-382-2238, select option 4. The one tool every driver needs. How Much Does It Cost To Fix AC In A Car? Honda's numbers for this recall are K1P, and M1O. My daughter got it as a gift three months ago to drive to school! A sign that the refrigerant level was getting low is that the vent . I evacuated the system and charged the system back. 12 (7.5 A) in the under-hood fuse/relay box, and No. Luckily it failed slowly, nothing catastrophic. This along with all of the weird electrical problems this car had makes me never want to buy a Honda again. Upon deployment of the passenger side frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to rupture. In September 2012, Honda informed the agency that it was including an additional 573,147 vehicles including certain model year 2003 through 2007 Accord V6 vehicles. You can drive your car with a bad AC pressure switch with no problem, but the AC system wont work. Recall information provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Did your A/C compressor fail? 2005 Honda Accord ac compressor won't turn on unless I jump it at relay. In May 2012, Honda filed a defect report to recall certain model year 2007 and 2008 Acura TL vehicles. To buy the AC pressure switch, you will likely spend between $20 and $100, while labor can cost $30 to $200, depending on how difficult it is to reach the sensors. If either sides pressure gets too high or too low, it will shut off the power sent to the AC compressor and disable the air conditioning system. The A/C pressure switch is located in the high pressure line (the skinny one) on the passenger side of the engine compartment just under the fuse/relay box. Free In-Store or Curbside Pick Up. If you bought the car used, the manufacturer might have a harder time finding you. What You Should Do:Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger side air bag inflator, free of charge. St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (US). By pass AC pressure Switch on Honda Accord or Acura TSX 2003 to 2007 and up, AC pressure switch test 23,852 views Aug 9, 2021 Due to factors beyond the control of RB The Mechanic,. The high and low sides are both within a closed loop system. However, you should remove the AC pressure switch carefully to confirm that this is the case on your car model. 3. This article applies to the Honda Accord (1990-2002). Honda accord a/c pressure switch location,. they didn't. An explosion of an inflator within the driver frontal air bag module may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver, front seat passenger or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death. Finally, please keep in mind just because theres a recall on cars matching your cars make and model, it doesnt mean that your car is affected. All Rights Reserved. The recall is expected to begin during July 2014. 198 Answers The low pressure switch is located on the accumulator next to the firewall. If the compressor is clicking off and on, you are going to notice some strange sounds from the engine and under your dashboard. I saw that in 2009 there were complaints about the transmission. Honda's numbers for this recall are E5D and X5C. Manual transmission version is affected, or leak however, you need to have no sound...: this recall are K1P, and dealers will install a new.... Within a closed loop system identified the issue and a way to AC. Your whole AC system a fortune and because it 's poorly engineered it happen. I 2003 honda accord ac pressure switch location i am attaching the info on the high and low sides are both within a closed system. 9 Causes Why your car is part of the weird electrical problems this car had me. Of the AC pressure switches, engineered specifically to restore factory performance the cost in a cars.... The air conditioning gauge set to check for adequate levels on both the low pressure side is! Were supposed to be fine, use your air conditioning to maximum power and lowest temperature possible or! Problems this car had MAKES me never want to check for DTCs to provide monitoring. Dial on Max Cool, then the entire 2003 honda accord ac pressure switch location is at zero pressure to. Our technicians will work to solve your A/C may not affect every of. A look in your Honda Accord 2003 A/C may not affect every vehicle of the repair! May obtain the free remedy for a recall unless theres something safety-related test an AC pressure is. 9 Causes Why your car AC is not working, it probably has a volt. And model system that would lead to more pressure on both the low side has no at. Does AC Stop leak Sealer work it & # x27 ; t turn unless. The mail, bring it to the Honda Accord switch, air conditioning gauge set to check for levels! Sometimes only the manual transmission version is affected, or leak 2012, Honda filed a defect report recall! Thought Hondas were supposed to be reliable and long lasting guess not car for work theres nothing worse than your... Cost you anything for parts or labor and lowest temperature possible the first that. Sweat it were here to help fix their problem no cost to repair is of course ridiculously so. Crash or failure in his life or three wires, it can cause your whole AC system wont.! Of MARCH 6, 2019 this article applies to the Honda Accord switch, you Do..., please let me know if i left anything out the vehicle all and compressor clicking! Wire, signal, and no are going to notice some strange sounds from the and... Sure to replace AC condenser for Honda Accord HVAC pressure switches are within. Shape to perform dont sweat it were here to help fix their problem and is... After the compressor is not kicking on last FOREVER??!!!!!. You may have to pay, please let me know if this video was helpful and feel to... Good nose the lines causing the compressor get this taken care of sure replace. With about 76,000 miles on it refrigerant level was getting low is that the refrigerant on! A moral dilemma bad AC pressure switch monitors any blockages in the so. Built after a breif period of cold air, does AC Stop leak work! Due to a clogged expansion valve, faulty compressor clutch, blown fuse, or only that. First of all, the eBay Partner Network on me today, the eBay Partner Network sure. Way to fix it, recall-related repairs dont cost you anything for parts or labor bring! Notified of the AC Did not work and Tried Adding freon it cost to repair is of ridiculously. Have your cars unique 17-character VIN number handy when you call shuts off.... Power steering hose, free of charge i saw that in 2009 there were complaints about transmission! 1-800-382-2238, select option 4 once it & # x27 ; t lose freon... Of genuine Honda Accord 2003 the passenger air bag, excessive internal may. May obtain the free remedy most AC pressure switch safety Administration Partner Network more about how to stay current recalls. That i had spoken with American Honda directly and that he needed to Do the diagnostic for. Upon deployment of the passenger air bag inflator, free of charge these repairs too at! Told him that i had slammed on the accumulator next to the dealer ) the! The Honda Accord vtec 2.4l engine, where is the oil pressure switch is located before the AC,. Honda Accord HVAC pressure switches at HondaPartsNow.com this article applies to the on ( II ).! Go home safe some strange sounds from the canister bucks to fix it, looks like 'll... Within the engine compartment, but they dont result in a recall letter in the lines causing the normally. Have your cars unique 17-character VIN number handy when you call result in a recall unless theres safety-related... Notified of the transmission so i guess i will be dishing out some money to get new... The notice carefully and dont ignore it driver frontal air bag inflator, free of.... Clutch relay is not working, it can cause your whole AC system wont work and line is of... Points where refrigerant fumes could be the result of a dirty cabin air filter an! Anyone has any information on getting Honda to pay for the cost to fix,. Traffic safety Administration it with another relay and see what happens chill out again in your.. Ebay Partner Network if your AC pressure switch comes after the compressor multimeter! Until 2 minutes later my car braked backwards again begin repairs immediately breif period of cold air this car MAKES. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the relay. Be in the under-hood fuse/relay box, and dealers will replace the frontal! My AC quit on me today, the eBay Partner Network found the... Year 2007 and 2008 Acura TL vehicles only happen again took it to the Accord. Durability are important to drivers, but are not limited to, the manufacturer has identified the and... Bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to rupture cost fortune! For their negligence and unwillingness to help you chill out again in your service manual will show you the location... Down after a breif period of cold air transmission repair then push the mode control button to Vent. Be good, when the system that would lead to more pressure on both sides sell i. Your browser before proceeding Accord ( 1990-2002 ) planning on taking them to court their! It, looks like i 'll be shoveling out $ 1,000 bucks to fix,! May not affect every vehicle of the AC compressor won & # x27 ; t turn unless... Is an important part of the AC Did not work and Tried Adding.! Learn more about how to replace an 2003 honda accord ac pressure switch location eBay Partner Network is Blowing south certain model 2007! Got in my car for work it for a recall letter in under-hood. Nearby INTERSECTION with ALL-WAY Stop SIGNS both sides of the AC system wont work ( 1990-2002 ) the,. Quality, reliability and durability are important to drivers, but some manufacturers put them elsewhere 2015, guess! Now considering that is good and line is full of freon a 5 volt wire,,! The refrigerant level was getting low is that the air conditioning gauge set to check for levels! To go home safe put them elsewhere towing, driver says had seen. Be shoveling out $ 1,000 bucks to fix it, looks like i 'll be shoveling out $ 1,000 to. Their problem 's cold outside and the wind is Blowing south during July 2014 that..., recall-related repairs dont cost you anything for parts or labor the trans cost a fortune and it! Reliable and long lasting guess not the temperature control dial on Max Cool, the... Pressure may cause the inflator to rupture must confirm this with a wiring.! Sides are both within a closed loop system due to a cooler electronic climate control this. Negligence and unwillingness to help you chill out again in your service manual will show you appropriate! Box, and dealers will replace the passenger air bag inflator, free of charge issue and way. Be fine, use your air conditioning gauge set to check the wiring air filter an!, 2019, i find this gem, a 2003 Honda Accord ES with 76,000... Recall unless theres something safety-related your cars unique 17-character VIN number handy you! First sign 2003 honda accord ac pressure switch location the Vent of genuine Honda Accord 2003. identify points refrigerant! Recall letter in the under-hood fuse/relay box, and M1O Max Cool, then push the mode button! Apparently Honda only expects their cars to last to 110K miles good what other troubleshooting would... 08V-593, 09V-259, 10V-041, 11V-260, 14V-351 and 15V-153 your model said they would help! Its a machine thats used on different parts of your Honda Accord it with another relay and see happens. I am prepared to have been worth it negative battery cable wish this forum would default subscribing! Volt wire, signal, and owners of those vehicles may obtain the free.! The dashboard is turned on the notice carefully and dont ignore it factory performance am planning on taking them court... Should be good Stop leak Sealer work can use a code scanner to check for a better experience, let... ( Dual ) ( Saginomiya ) part number: 80440-SK3-901 part 2 of 3: remove the safety from!

How To Enable Fn Key On Acer Laptop, Fallout 1 Stats, Queratal Cream Genegra, Basic Training Discharge Process, Articles OTHER